Friday, July 27, 2007

More about managing expectations

If you have not read my first blog on this topic of July 20, I suggest your read it first.

Having focused on the issue, here is a short memory jogger for making great communication the cornerstone of great service.

- If you need to update the customer, commit to a time frame - even a general one.

- Make sure you call the customer back, even if you only call to say, "we're still working on it - but I wanted to honor my promise to call."

- Be organized and have your stuff together. Nothing will destroy customer confidence like not being able to correctly identify the correct case/account/issue and speak confidently to the status of the issue (i.e. "I was calling you back about...let's see...where was that sheet?...can you remind me what we were doing for you?")

- Speak honestly, clearly and concisely to the issue. If something isn't going right, explain the action plan to make it right and provide an ETA to resolution.


What say you? Comments? Ideas?


Eric Fraterman
eric@customerfocusconsult.com
www.customerfocusconsult.com

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites